We're Never Coming Back

  email me at duncdafunc@gmail.com or check out my latest photos here

              
  
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dunc_da_func. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Day 135 - Abel Tasman National Park



new zealand After staying in one of the best hostels ever - including free pumpkin and coriander soup when you arrive - we jetted off to the Abel Tasman National Park which was just 30 minutes down the road. After arriving in Motueka we jumped out and had a wander on this cute little beach, then Anna tucked into some Beer Battered Fish and Chips (SO jealous). I'm trying to keep an eye on my weight and well as on my finances, so I turned down the food for a banana, and stole chips from her plate when she wasn't looking (what a joker).







We then drove on a bit and jumped out for a quick 2 hour walk, taking in beautiful beaches, the odd cave and a little forest. This place is pretty lush. Nothing as special as south america (sorry Anna/Phil/Kiwis) but its still pretty nice. I'm still straddling that "nice-but-not-amazing" opinion with new zealand, and to make it worse, the people here are starting to grate on me. But that said, for 2 hours I caught up with Anna, caught some sunshine, and pondered my long-distance relationship with a fond heart.









And with that, we headed 3 hours to the raved-about West Coast of the South Island, where we were promised the most dramatic, amazing, awe-inspiring scenery of our lives. And arrived after dark (great), so checked in to a hostel and played some Uno until our eyes could no longer stay open.

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home