We're Never Coming Back

  email me at duncdafunc@gmail.com or check out my latest photos here

              
  
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dunc_da_func. Make your own badge here.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Day 134 - Picton

CIMG5301

new zealand I love ferries. There's something about them that is properly grim. I dunno what it is, but its a bit sick. They smell of petrol. They're rusty. They're dirty. They're noisy. But I love them. And this one, after 2 hours at sea, was amazing. An hour heading through Picton Sound (I might have just made that name up, but it makes sense), and the landscape was spooky. The calm turquoise water, the clouds shrouding the hillsides, the lonely huge ferries going the other way. I couldn't take my eyes off it, except for the bitter cold which drove me inside. It doesn't just take a row boat and some sunshine to make me tick...







And as we set down in Picton, I made a quick phonecall, and we hooked up with our long-departed friend from home, Anna - complete with a new dye of red hair, and some cookies for me, Sam and Eve.

CIMG5582

We jumped back in the Laser, and headed off, via the most winding, twisted road ever, to Nelson, a town at the foot of the Abel Tasman National Park, which promised nice beaches and cute walks...

Labels: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home