We're Never Coming Back

  email me at duncdafunc@gmail.com or check out my latest photos here

              
  
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dunc_da_func. Make your own badge here.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Day 131 - Wellington

new zealand Wellington was fun. After a 4 and half hour drive down through national parks, past volcanoes, desert valleys, through rain and along coastal roads in the dark, we made it to Wellington - capital city and most awesome town in New Zealand (so we are told). And we had fun.

wellington

We stayed for just two day - rushing along to catch Anna in the south island - so on arriving on a sunday night, we hit the sack after a quick walk around the centre. Its small. and cute. Like a bigger brighton - but not as trendy looking. The boys were well dressed, the cafes looked inviting, and the place was pleasing to the eye.

We never got a chance to venture far into the city, but on our only active day we popped into the very charming main museum, called Te Papa. Loads of good exhibits - including one on the "awesome earth" we live in. I loved it.









Then in the evening we met up with Phil, my old workmate, for a pint or two. This was very exciting - the first person (other than tristan) I knew from home who I would encounter. And we drank beer, laughed a lot, drank more beer, and stumbled home drunk at the end of the night. One of my favourite night's in new zealand, if you're ever in Wellington, get me to give you Phil's number. He's a legend.





And so the next day I nursed a KILLER hangover. Along with Sam (who has critised me for making out she is always drunk on my blog - sorry darling). But not Eve. Whatever 22-year-old Eve. We slouched out of bed at about midday, had MacDonalds for lunch, watched tv til 5pm and then I managed to drag myself out with Eve (who's welsh) to the southern hemisphere's ONLY welsh bar!!! Which she loved.



One drink later I was in bed, sleeping it off. We had a ferry to the south island to catch in the morning...



(oh and scott, if you're reading this, it was a pleasure to hear from you mate)

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home