We're Never Coming Back

  email me at duncdafunc@gmail.com or check out my latest photos here

              
  
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dunc_da_func. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Day 91 - Buenos Aires

argentina There's two things that EVERY traveller to south america will tell you. The most popular is that Columbia is the most amazing country to visit in the world. Whatever, we didn't go, so we don't care. But the second? The second is that argentina is land of good steak, good wine, cheap prices and beautiful people. And this, my friends, is not a lie.



Its hard to remember you're in south america here. It could easily be an area of london, paris, barcelona. Easily. The skin colour is pale. The hair is dark and seemingly cut in shoreditch. EVERYONE has the same piercing as me. The shops sell good stuff. The dance music is awesome. The clubs are big, the bars are fun and the people are friendly. We checked into the Milhouse hostel (which we were told to avoid because its like an 18-30s holiday camp) and after bumping into Dave who we had travelled with since Ecuador (!) we went out for our first steak.



Within an hour we had seen about 10 people we have met whilst travelling, and most people had been out everynight for the past week, so looked pretty rough. But the excitement of seeing everyone meant we HAD to go out. So to a drum and bass night we went. I got myself into a bit of a state (check out those eyes!) but loved it.

me

me3

Its hard to remember the next day exactly, so I just consulted my diary (which usually has all the important bits in it). What does it say? "slept all day". Great. From my severly damaged memory, I hit the sack at 6am, expecting to get a few hours sleep, but instead awoke an hour later and sat in a bleary eyed daze staring at a wall for 3 hours. I jumped on Dan begging him to get up and talk to me because I had no one to talk to, but he pushed me off. So I waited patiently for the others to wake up. I then slept through the rest of the day, before having a load of drinks and climbing into bed. Tomorrow would be VERY exciting. My boy Tristan was on a fight, heading to Buenos Aires, and I was meeting him at 10am at the airport. A moment I had waited 3 and a half months to happen...

me2

Labels: , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has got to be the only girl that can walk around the world and gain weight!!! Cmon man talk to her!

5:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has got to be the only girl that can walk around the world and gain weight!!! Cmon man talk to her!

5:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home