We're Never Coming Back

  email me at duncdafunc@gmail.com or check out my latest photos here

              
  
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dunc_da_func. Make your own badge here.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Day 6 - Cotopaxi

ecuador Busy couple of days. Feels like I haven't stopped moving. Which is great for me, being a total machine. Joubin and I jumped out of bed at 7am, and by 9am were heading up what is apparently the world's biggest volcano (really?). The walk up was nuts. Firstly, the fog meant we could only see about 20m in front of us. and secondly, we had a belgian girl with us, who couldn't hack the climb, so we LEFT HER alone on the mountain for an hour in the rain and fog. And thirdly, the dude we went with was practically mute and led us to a place where we couldn't even see the summit. But cool all the same. Its weird. its starts all green and lush, and gradually the vegetation gets sparser and the rocks bigger, until suddenly you feel like you have left the planet altogether and are walking on mars. It was crazy.








Dashed back to the hostel and myself, Sam and Joubin decided we wouldn't stick around in the ghost-town of Latacunga, so heading 2hours south to BaƱos, a quirky, but beautiful, town at the foot of an active volcano. The place is often covered in cloud, so no good photos of the volcano, but more coming soon hopefully. The town is pretty lively too. Went out last night and found a karaoke bar. very unlike me, but I sang my heart out with 6 american girls, then we hopped in a cab to avoid getting mugged for our cameras.

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home